Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-9 von insgesamt 9.

• Hello!

Beitrag
    Fair enough. When it comes to latex weapons, it's all that I have currently. I do have to say that in general, the latex weapons that I've used in the past have all been very light in my opinion.Here's a good question for you, does anyone know about what the connection between Conquest of Mythodea and Conquest America? Also I'm curious to know what your groups plan was for it when it was still planned to happen?
  • Hello!

Beitrag
    I do have to ask, with latex weapons being the standard in Europe, do you know if the brand 'Ex-Caliber' is allowed in your combat?
  • Hello!

Beitrag
    From what I've observed in the past, Nero has always been aimed at very light, touch-based combat. Now we expect a good deal of rough-housing in general, and we enjoy full on combat. Now we don't allow full baseball swinging for safety reasons. There's no reason that anyone would have to hit that hard unless they intend to hurt somebody.
  • Hello!

Beitrag
    As opposed to Nero's exceptionally light combat system(originators of the pick-and-poke), Kanar is quite a physical game. Yes, our weapon construction is different than yours, but it's more stable(and safe) than the open-cell chunk of most other American LARPs(ie, Nero). Bruises aren't uncommon, and we're not too far away from the fighting from the SCA. While we don't allow for "baseball" swinging, we don't pull our hits either. We do hold fighter certifications in our staging area before you go…
  • Hello!

Beitrag
    Thank you, it answers some of my bigger questions as it addressed how you fight with latex weapons. Now I'm curious about the level of combat. How hard or how light is the combat of your games?
  • Hello!

Beitrag
    And I was just about to lay out the details for the event. As this would be everyone's first time at Kanar, the event would be free.Edit: Because I don't know how most combat works with games like Turniertage or Mythodea, could you tell me just how physical the combat is? Nero for example has one of the lightest combat systems around, while the SCA is about the roughest out there(ratan weapons). So between the two, what would I be looking for?Also as it would happen, it looks like Mythodea would…
  • Hello!

Beitrag
    I just got back our numbers, and I stand significantly corrected. We've had up to 258 out on the field at once for weeklong.I apologize for in inaccuracy of my previous post. I can guarantee a great turnout this year. Trust me, when I say that there's some really amazing things in store for this year.
  • Hello!

Beitrag
    Well, it's actually 10 days long(starts Friday, goes through the following Sunday). Kanar has a 400+ playerbase, but not close to everyone is active. Since the fall we've had a significant increase so like previous years, we should be well over 100+ players this year for 'weeklong'. I've checked things over, and there will be adequete space for camping. I'll bring more info to you in a day or two, but good things are in the works right now. As before, please feel free to go over the rules and th…
  • Hello!

Beitrag
    Greetings one and all, this is Dante from Detroit. Frostie may have told some of you about me and the game that I'm promoting right now in America, Kanar. A bit about myself, I'm a costumer and armorer by trade, which mainly doing fantasy LARPs and working the Renaissance Festival in my area has really helped out. Currently I've joined with a group that is looking to do a Zombie LARP in our area, so I have a lot more projects on my hands than usual, but it's all good.Now for those interested in …